Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yoplaits gift from the Greek Gods



I will be the first to admit that I do have a tendency to be a little how do you say, dramatic, when I find a new ice cream that I really enjoy.  By that I mean, I rave about most of them.  But I promise you that this is NOT one of those instances.

The instantaneous emotion I felt pour over me as soon as I took the first bite of this heavenly frozen yogurt was nothing short of true love.  Every flavor blends together in perfect harmony to create quite literally one of the best ice creams (yaya, fro you) I have EVER had.

The base itself isn't anything spectacular if you dont get any of the caramel/honey ribbon with it, but once all of the elements are combined it really shines.  I found the best way to eat it was to stir it all together for a minute so that everything started melting and mixing into each other.  I do this with most of my ice creams but some benefit from it more than others.

Strangely the flavor that seamed to stand out the most to me was maple...  But clearly there is no maple in this.  You can definitely pick out the honey and caramel, but something just kept screaming maple to me, but I think I know why...

One of my favorite treats growing up was taking newly fallen snow into a bowl and pouring maple syrup all over it.  You just eat it like a bowl of ice cream, and man is it delicious.  Something about this brought those memories and flavors back full force.  It must have been a combination of the slightly icy consistency of the base, and the honey/caramel combo resembling maple.  Whatever it was, I approve.

I know that it must seam very strange that a low fat, low calorie frozen yogurt can be this good, but it really is.  I put this right up there with the best full fat ice creams I have tried.

Buy this stuff!  I found mine at Walmart.

9.9/10


2 comments:

  1. heard great things about this line so far. Havent seen it in my stores yet. the macros are awesome on it too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have only seen it al walmart so far, so def keep an eye out there. Ya, I meant to list those, they are...

    CALS- 130
    FAT- 2.5g
    CHO- 20g
    PRO- 7g

    ReplyDelete