Monday, October 1, 2012

Dreyer's Slow Churned Pumpkin


I would love to tell you that Dreyer's Slow Churned Limited Edition Pumpkin ice cream took a hayride through my taste buds, dropping powerful pumpkin explosions along the way...

But sadly, my experience was far less pleasurable.  The ice cream has a very weak base which leaves basically no aftertaste.

It is spiced quite nicely though, and you can really taste the nutmeg and ginger, which I really liked.

To be fair, this is a VERY low calorie ice cream so I wasn't excepting overwhelming flavor out of it.  For what it is I think Dreyer's did a pretty decent job and I do not regret the purchase.

Will I buy again?  Probably not.

TASTE: 7/10
MACROS: 9/10





2 comments:

  1. meh Ill probably pass on this then. also, I saw your comment about bluebell in the last post. we dont get it up here in NY which is a major bummer. Ive seen quite a few of their flavors that look awesome...one edys/dreyers flavor I cant wait to come back out is their seasonal peppermint stick. The stuff is AWESOME, even the slow churned, and the regular (still good macros) is even better. Ive also heard good things about their egg nog and smores flavors so im keeping a look out, especially since ive decided to keep my fats a bit lower lately. Fitting BnJ in isnt as easy, but this lighter stuff substitutes nicely...oh yeah, im gonna go ahead and throw you site on my blog-roll. I dont get that much traffic but maybe it'll get you a few hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't missing out on anything special thats for sure. That does really suck that you cant get Blue Bell though. I hadn't even heard of it until about a year and a half ago actually. I havnt been in the south for long so I never saw it before coming here either.

    I keep seeing one of the Edy's peppermints at my wal mart actually. I think its the slow churned but I'm not positive. You are the 2nd person to tell me how awesome it is so I will definitely pick it up!

    I have been trying to minimize fat a little myself lately so I'm with you on looking for good lower fat options.

    I appreciate that man, any little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete