Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Milky Way Candy Apple



This was a purchase I wasn't at all excited about, but I HAD to make anyway.  Who could resist a very strange seasonal candy bar regardless of how it sounded??  Not I, thats for sure.  But clearly I had low expectations.

Sadly, as I suspected the chocolate and candy apple flavor mixture was well, strange to say the least.  Its not bad, or gross by any means, its just not very enjoyable.  The apple flavor is very overpowering, so if you are a HUGE apple fan this could be a big win for you.  But its just way too much for me, and the combo just doesn't mesh well.



BUT HOLD ON A MINUTE! 

I wasn't ready to write these completely off just yet.  What else was there to do you ask?  FREEZE THEM! 



If you have never tried freezing your candy bars you are seriously missing out.  I dont really know why, but even with how much I couldn't stand these normally, I had a pretty good feeling about how they would taste frozen.

What was the verdict??  AMAZING.  They went from a 5/10 to a 8.5/10 in a few short hours.  The apple flavor really calmed down with the change in consistency and actually turned into a very welcome undertone.  

So as long as you freeze these bad boys I would definitely recommend picking up a bag or two.

These are NOT a store exclusive.  I got mine at Target but I have also seen them at Walgreens and Walmart.  

1 comment: