Sunday, April 20, 2014

Red Velvet Done Right
Russel Stover's Red Velvet Egg

Let me preface by saying that I am NOT a big fan of red velvet cake, or up until this point, anything red velvet flavored.  I actually originally bought one of these for my wife, who inversely usually loves all things red velvet.

Thankfully for me though, she had a moment of complete insanity when she bit into it, and threw it down the garbage disposal (my mouth).  I instantly fell in love.  

The dark chocolate shell is pretty damn perfect.  Not at all bitter, but still deep/sweet enough that it leaves no doubt that its not your average weak ass milk chocolate.  

The red velvet filling was much different than I expected (and if I would have planned ahead I would have a picture of that for you).  It was very "solid", with zero cakey texture, look, taste, or feel.  More comparable to Milky Way's nugget (a little more solid though) than the cake batter I was expecting.  This was definitely a plus, because I'm not a big cake fan in general.

For any of you wondering how well red velvet pairs with chocolate...  In this particular manifestation, it does so amazingly.  There really isn't a ton of flavor jumping between the shell and the filling.  You definitely know they are both there, but they jell just right.

I have found them at almost every grocery store I looked at, and they are generally 2 for $1.  I highly recommend picking some up before they go out of season!  (I'm assuming they will disappear shortly after Easter) 

VALUE - 10/10
GOODNESS - 8.5/10


3 comments:

  1. So you don't like chocolate cake? Because that's all red velvet is... Chocolate cake colored red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This service is no question, budget friendly yet very effective that you could constantly use for advertising your organization and bringing direct exposure on international degree. buy targeted usa facebook likes

    ReplyDelete